1. What size racquet should I purchase for my child?
If your child is a beginner:
- Ages 4-6 should be using 17-21 inch junior racquets
- Ages 7-8 should be using 23 inch junior racquets
- Ages 9-10 should be using 25 inch junior racquets
- Ages 11-12 should be using 26 inch junior racquets
2. Where should I purchase a tennis racquet for an adult or child?
Wal-Mart has a good selection of affordable junior and adult racquets. If you are looking for a wider variety, I recommend Dick’s Sporting Goods, a local tennis pro shop, or Omega Sports. Advantages of purchasing from a tennis pro shop include custom-fit racquets and a higher level of customer service.
If you have specific questions, please contact me at email@example.com/dev.
Check back soon for more tennis FAQ!